Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Feliz 'Dia De Muchas Gracias' M-Effers!!!!


Tomorrow is...


Hope your turkey doesn't suck like this one. (I guess he could smell the BUSH!!!)


But in all seriousness (As much as we allow here, anyway!), hope ury'body and your families have a safe and satisfying Thanksgiving.

Before...

After.

And to any of you who are planning on braving the shops on "Black Friday", I wish you luck, and I want you to know that I will pray for you (So get me sumptin' good!).


And for those who didn't catch "Grindhouse" in the theaters a couple o' years ago (Shame on you!), check out Eli Roth's "fake" trailer for (The soon to be real movie?) "Thanksgiving". It is a hilarious, though very gory, homage to the holiday-themed slasher movies of the 80's. It captures the look and feel of those flicks to a tee. Plus it features Michael Biehn of "Terminator" and "The Rock" fame (He's also featured in Robert Rodriguez's "Grindhouse" zombie opus, "Planet Terror".). Honestly. If you haven't seen it, you need to. And I promise, you won't think of this holiday in the same way ever again.

"Light meat. Dark meat. All will be carved." Love it.


(THIS BE A WARNIN' - EXPLICIT MATERIAL!!!!)

And now, once again, because nobody demanded it, here is today's ...

Tales From The Shuffle:

1. "Pungee" - The Meters - This is a kick-ass 2 disc "Anthology" from a group widely considered to be the pioneers of funk music. I really can't say enough about this album. I first heard it about 15 years ago whilst workin' at The Wherehouse in Milpitas (Shout out to Mike Rice for puttin' me on to it.). I prefer the first disc as it contains mostly instrumentals, while the second disc's tracks all feature vocals. If you like to funk... funk this shit.


2. "Somtimes I Rhyme Slow" - Nice & Smooth - Ahh. 1991. The days.


3. "Strokin' The Grtis" - The Poets Of Rythm - More funk. This time, from Germany (?!). This album, "What Goes Around", I burned off my buddy, Carlos (Amongst other gems.). I really haven't got a chance to explore more from them, but I like what I hear. Perhaps one day, I'll remember to peep some more on iTunes.


4. "Cancer For The Cure" - Eels - Best known for their 1996 hit, "Novocaine For The Soul" (They also had tracks featured on "Shrek" - "My Beloved Monster" & "Hellboy II" - "Beautiful Freak"), this track is off of their second album, "Electro-Shock Blues". It features some killer surf rock-style drums and other "distorted" sounds. (I just found out that they dropped a new album back in June! I've been sleepin' on shit lately. Life and responsibility has a way of doing that to you, though.)

5. "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)" - Marvin Gaye - Classic. "Marvin-Marvin-Marvin. You were a friend of mine. You stood for something. Tupac. Biggie. Ohh-" (Ooops. Wrong song!)

Art Galley: This is "Bad-Ass B!#@%". Love her. But don't fuck with her.

Thazzit fo' this week. Have a great weekend and don't forget the punkin' pie!!!

B


"Click" for a bigger look at this B!#@%...

No comments:

Post a Comment