Thursday, November 5, 2009

I "Had" The Power!!!

Hello. It's me again.
As I mentioned, on a previous post, back in June of this year, I was lucky enough to take part in a "massive Masters Of The Universe" tribute show at the DOUBLE PUNCH toy store/art gallery in SF.

Growing up a child of the 80's, HE-MAN & THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE was big part of my childhood. I can remember vivdly getting a Fakor action figure for Christmas one year, and thinking to myself, "What's up with the effing blue He-Man?!"
I mean, c'mon. How could the dude pass for the real deal if he looks like a gay Smurf on roids? Who was he foolin'? I guess He-Man and all his cronies were color ("colour" for all the Euro trash out there.) blind.

But... I digress. My brother and I pretty much had all of the toys, and we watched the 'toon pretty religiously. I even used to have that kick-ass He-Man sword. (I'm not talking about that crappy sci-fi wannabe He-Man that came out a few years after or the "new, reimagined" MOTU - they suck! He-Man was not a Nazi!) But of course, I had to do a RAM-MAN.

I still roll around with my ol' RAM-MAN in the glove box of the Taury (Don't tell Po-po, though. He's a deadly ramming weapon.) It was great opportunity for me to have a piece on display for the first time. And it was just an all around fun experience. The turn out was great (I didn't think the floor was gonna hold, there were so many people there opening night), and I got to catch up with some ol' school chums (Shout outs to Wahab & Sherwin! Good to see you guys again.).
Thanks to D. Hatfield for rollin' out with me and takin' some snapshots for the biography. I definitely had a blast, both doing the piece and having up at the show. It didn't sell(Anybody wanna buy a RAM-MAN? Give ya a good deal!), but it was still a cool thang. If you're ever in The City and wanna check out a cool lil' place, visit DOUBLE PUNCH. They got some cool import toys and just upstairs is the gallery where they are always showcasing cool, up and coming artists.

B

Here are some more pics from the event and check out the
Art Gallery for a full look at RAM-MAN in all his glory!!!:


"Click" to get RAM'D, man!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment