Friday, November 13, 2009

The Following Poster is For Justin Salinas...

Hello all. Happy FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!

I've decided to try to do something new that'll kill some space in case I gots nuthin' (which is often...). Everyday whilst at work, I've got the iPod going. (I'd kill someone for sure if I couldn't listen to the 'tracks'. I don't 'whistle while I work'. I'm not a dwarf. But I am 'Grumpy' on occasion.)

So here's the deal. I call it "Tales From The Shuffle". Everyday (M-F, at least.) I will post the first five (5) 'randomly selected' tracks I hear that day. I might comment on 'em sometimes. Sometimes, I won't. If anyone is reading and they wanna make a comment or gots a question, throw it down.

I thougt of this yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post, so today we've got ten tracks...

Here's yesterdays:

11/12/09



1. "Hammer" - Bob Marley & The Wailers



2. "Sand River" - Beth Gibbons & Rustin' Man - Lead singer of Portishead!



3. "Passin' Me By" - Pharcyde - Effin' classic, dunny!



4. "Vordhosbn" - Aphex Twin



5. "The Observer" - The Flaming Lips - Moody instrumental track with heartbeats thrown in.

And here is todays...



1. "Assassination Day" (Instrumental) - Ghostface Killah - Technically it's The Rza's beat. And it's one of his sickests!



2. "Heading For The Mountain" - Cornell Campbell



3. "Rock The Casbah" - The Clash



4. "Howling" - Morcheeba - Original vocalist, Skye Edwards' voice is awesome. So soothing!



5. " No, No, No" - Dawn Penn - "You don't love me and I know now..." Classic roots reggae!

So that's that. I'll probably tend to say more about the tracks, but since we had two lists today, I'll keep it short. Lemme know what you think of this lil' segment. If you're into music like I, you might see some songs you haven't heard in awhile, some you've never heard of & some you might wanna stop and give a listen to.

Art Gallery: "Samwise" - a "Lord Of The Rings" illustration from my school daze. Probably one of my favorites from those early days. This was a few years before Peter Jackson's be-all-end-all adapatations of Tolkien's epic stories. And now Guillermo Del Toro's bout to knock us on our asses with "The Hobbit" and it's sequel (not sure of the name o' that film that bridges "The Hobbit" and the "LOTR" books. Can you tell I like monsters with boobs? (I don't know...)

B


"Click" if you're not 'scurred'...

3 comments:

  1. Monsters are cool, Boobs are cooler, Its natural to combine your likes... right

    ReplyDelete
  2. that LOTR print! man i love it. it kind of reminds me of old Rankin Bass illustrations with a twist....remember the old 60's "T'was the night Before Christmas"?

    ReplyDelete