Monday, December 14, 2009

Whut up on this fine Moon Day?

Don't forget. Out on DVD & Blu-Ray tomorrow, Quentin Taratino's latest gourmet cinematic offering...

Brilliant fucking film! Saw it twice in the theaters when it came out earlier this year and I plan on taking it in a few more times when I get this bad boy home. Always new lil' things to catch and feast your eyes and ears on when watching a QT flick. This is one is no different. A definite return to form after "Death Proof", his half of "Grindhouse, which some perceived as a lackluster effort from the writer/director following "Kill Bill" (I, personally, loved the 'giallo' homage in the first part of "Death Proof" and only liked the second act which features killer car stunts, but I think veered (No pun intended.) too far from the tone of the first part. A trick which worked better in the Tarantino scripted "From Dusk Till Dawn".)

Check it out people!!!

TALES FROM THE SHUFFLE:


1. "Red Rain" - The White Stripes - I dig Meg White. What?!


2. "Lovefool" - The Cardigans - Without a doubt, the bands biggest hit in the US, but it is by far the "poppiest" song on this rather dark album. There's even a cover of Sabbath's "Ironman" on this one. The Cardigans are one of my favorite bands, and I always try to give anything they do a listen to. Singer Nina Perrson also has two solo albums under the moniker, A. Camp. (Although, I haven't gotten my hands on the second album yet.) Everybody knows "Lovefool" though.


3. "Groove Holmes" - The Beastie Boys - Killer funk instrumentals. One of my fave Beastie projects.


4. "Torn Curtain" - Television - One of the unsung bands of the 70's punks scene. This, their first album, is pretty kick ass. The guitars pierce and rip, tearing through your mind and soul. Obviously a big influence on bands like Interpol and The Killers and the like.


5. "Human Behaviour" - Björk - The video with the giant teddy bear stomping through a crazy ass forest. She rocks all kinds of shit!



B

Art Gallery: "The Castaway". Hey. Guy's in better shape than I am. I'm jealous of his beard, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment