Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Back (Sort of)


What the eff is up, my neos?!

Nothing much on this frontage. Pardon me for my absence. How you say, "I have found, lately, that the weather has gotten on top of me."? Is correct? No?

As they say in stalker speak, "You may see me, but I am always there... Watching."

Anywaste. I always try to 'member the tracks that come on for Tales From The Shuffle, and sometimes, I 'member to write 'em down. Sometimes, I don't. So here is (to the best of my abilities) a marathon list from the last few days. (In interest of time, I'm not goin' to post the album art this time 'roun, but hopefully, things can back into the swings.

So without further Mountain Dew, and in the immortal words of Slick Rick (The Ruler!), "Heeerrrreee we go..."

TALES FROM THE SHUFFLE marathon (And in no specific order) :

1. Method Man song... That's all I wrote down was Method Man. What an idiot. (Me, that is. Not Meth for something like, I don't know. Not paying taxes. I know, fuck the Gov't and all, but come on! You gotta pay taxes, bro.)

2. "Save Yourself" - Aesop Rock

3. "Vycegripp Pt. 1" - Mixmaster Mike - Scratchin'!

4. "The Widow" - The Mars Volta - I can only take so much of dude's voice at a time, and unfortunately most of their songs are long as hell, but this is a sick track. Good beat. Steady build up. And it's not too long.

5. "Rhymes & Ammo/Thirsty!" - The Roots - What's up with the rave music? I like the first half of the track. I'm just not feelin' the jungle beats and shit on "Thirsty!". Love me some Roots, but no thanks.

6. "Blow Out"[Live] - Thom York w/ John Auer and Ken Stringfellow (of "The Posies") - Cool ass lil' bootleg live track from some radio show. I'm not sure if it's Live 105 or not. Good song from Radiohead's first, "Pablo Honey".

7. "I Know Sumptn" - Method Man/Redman - From "Blackout 2".

8. "Dinner With Blockhead" - Aesop Rock - Nice lil' instrumental interlude from the album, "Float".

9. "Wrapped Around Your Finger" - The Police

10. "Niggaz & Bitches" - NaS - It's the name of the song and it's in quotes, so don't hate!

11. "Afro Theme" - The RZA - From the "Afro Samurai" soundtrack. Good album. Overrated as hell anime, though! I don't think Sam Jackson's voice helps any.

12. "Stimulation" - Method Man - Classic M-E-F!

13. "Fixed Income" - DJ Shadow - Dope!

14. "Only The Strong" - DJ Krush (feat. CL Smooth) - From the "Meiso" album. Lotta good lyricists on this album to go along with Krush's sick beats.

15. "Leave In Silence" - Depeche Mode

That's all I had written down and the rest is lost in oblivion. So, some cool stuff here and there. I love "THE SHUFFLE". It's like havin' the best radio station 'cause it's all shit that I put on, but it's always a surprise how things play out. Riiiiggghhhttt? (I'll try to get back on track, so to speak. Bare (Bear?) with me.)

B

Art Gallery: The Conan-ish "Accursed Wind" and the more futuristic "Station". More sketchbook mayhem.

"Accursed Wind" (Above) / "Station" (Uhh... below)

Click to "en-biggen"...

No comments:

Post a Comment