Wednesday, December 16, 2009

>>>>>>>>>>> * <<<<<<<<<<<

WhuTiTizz???

Just checkin' in wif you real quick, mother folkers.



TALES FROM THE SHUFFLE:

12/15/09


1. "Absolutely Nothing" - Lily Allen - B-side from the "Smile" single. I'm a sucker for chicks with British accents... and third nipples.


2. "Wrong 4 Dat" - Redman - Constantly entertaining.

3. " Get Together" - Beastie Boys feat. Q-Tip - Classic. Sick ass beat. It's like sitting in on a freestyle session at like 4 in the morning. Eastern time.


4. "Take It There" - The Roots - Quest?Love is a maniac on dem drums.


5. "Brush Descends The Length" - Stereolab - It's repetition pounds its way into your head and causes you to float into the atmosphere. Singer Laetitia Sadier's voice is poppy perfection. I need to explore this group some more in the future...

12/16/09


1. "I Will Not Apologize" - The Roots - One thing about The Roots is that their albums are always consistent. There's rarely any filler or 'skits'. It's cool that they are constantly exploring and evolving. I think it comes from actually being 'a band' and not just a rap act.


2. "New Life" - Depeche Mode - Upbeat Depeche Mode.


3. "Distant Land" - Madlib - Brilliant album. Madlib gets open access to the Blue Note Jazz catalog and is given free reign to remix and reinterpret as only he can. Peep it and chill.


4. "Strangers" - Portishead - This track hits hard. Off of P's debut album, "Dummy". One of my faves groups of a.t.

5. "Here Comes The Judge" - Ol' Dirty Bastard - I love me some Wu, but this "album", which the Wu had nuthin' to do with, is garbage as it's mostly remixes and old shit, unreleased shit set to whack ass gangsta beats. The best is the 'skit' where ODB is actually taking a shit and it's being recorded!



I'ma try to make all next week (Time allowing, o' course.), XMAS FLICK WEEK. The wife and I checked out Vince Vaughn's "Four Christmases" a couple of weeks ago. (Not bad! Nothing mind blowing though. I miss when Favs & Vince had a lil' edge. Like in "Made". Or Vince Vaughn in the underrated "Clay Pigeons" from a years back.) I busted out three Xmas classics from the dvd vault - "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", "Bad(der) Santa" & the Will Ferrell, Jon Favreau directed modern Xmas classic, "Elf". That should do me till Xmas eve. I might work in a couple o' more.

On the immediated flick agenda for the weekend is... (To finish) "Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince", Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" & (I know. I haven't seen it yet! Get off my nards!) "The Hangover" [Unrated].

B

Art Gallery: "Mission To...". A pencil drawing that I might take to a more advanced stage somewhere down the road. I like his Euro-mustachio.




Click me, please. Make me big...

No comments:

Post a Comment